OP
T

tayylor.13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple days of nutrient export and no import in a low nutrient system perhaps is enough. At any rate, you need to get your nitrates and phosphates to a measurable level before proceeding with coral.
okay thank you I will work on that

OP
OP
T

tayylor.13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do use RODI water and that is now a difference between the 65 and the 125. however, my RODI TDS measures 0-1 always. so I also am wondering if the rod isn't as pure as it appears?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You went from tap to 0-1 TDS RODI water? The 1 TDS water cannot be the issue if you used to use unfiltered tap from the same source.

OP
OP
T

tayylor.13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You went from tap to 0-1 TDS RODI water? The 1 TDS water cannot be the issue if you used to use unfiltered tap from the same source.
ohhh no sorry should have been more clear. never used tap! boxed saltwater i used to top off. but now use an ATO with rodi water and mix my own salt

OP
OP
T

tayylor.13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I’m sorry to hear about your troubles.
My first thought was copper in the display but I see you didn’t use copper in display.

but I’m still thinking some kind of contamination possibly? It may be worth a ICP test just to know for sure. (Maybe a rusty component somewhere causing contamination?) or maybe air fresheners or something else being used near the tank?

second thought is maybe lighting is too intense? Maybe during the switch something was changed?

I don’t think this is your issue but a little po3 and no4 is good for the corals. Your levels are at zero. Maybe let them increase a bit. My po3 is .5 and no4 is 20-25 and things seem to thrive (I know many will say those levels are high, but this has worked for me. Tank has run these numbers for over a year)

but if it was me, the first thing I would do is an icp test. It’s well worth the $30 to know for sure if it’s copper or other elevated levels. Second I would search for rusting screws, pump parts, expanded magnets etc. The next thing I would check is for stray voltage.

good luck my friend, I hope you get to the bottom Of this issue. Take care and happy reefing.
252C5266-9F1B-4146-B58A-883D13DB459D.jpeg
Hi again, I did the ICP test and got my results. I am gonna attach them... let me know if you see anything that is off or needs attention (could be the cause of my issues)

Display:
IMG_3631.PNG
IMG_3632.PNG

RODI:
IMG_3634.PNG

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don’t see anything glaring out - but im No expert. Lol. Does anyone else see anything here?

are your corals still in decline? We’re you able to check for Stray voltage?

OP
OP
T

tayylor.13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don’t see anything glaring out - but im No expert. Lol. Does anyone else see anything here?

are your corals still in decline? We’re you able to check for Stray voltage?
I posted in another forum and some said copper was a little higher than it should be, i’m gonna put some cuprisorb in to get rid of that.

But, about 30 mins ago while adjusting my ATO i felt a shock when i put my finger in the water and never have ever felt that before …. my UV sterilizer was siliconed awhile ago for exposed wires and i am like 90% sure that is my issue. in a few days i’m gonna buy a small frag and see how it does! i’m hoping that was my issue and have figured it out….

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again, I did the ICP test and got my results. I am gonna attach them... let me know if you see anything that is off or needs attention (could be the cause of my issues)

Display:
IMG_3631.PNG
IMG_3632.PNG

RODI:
IMG_3634.PNG
I'm no expert here but the chlorine in your display looks a little high. Chlorine will kill off bacteria. Idk what to you guys think? The Cl reading. And also did you use Vibrant in your tank? I've heard some bad stories about it.

OP
OP
T

tayylor.13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert here but the chlorine in your display looks a little high. Chlorine will kill off bacteria. Idk what to you guys think? The Cl reading. And also did you use Vibrant in your tank? I've heard some bad stories about it.
I’m not sure about the Cl, but no I have not used Vibrant in my tank

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back