Receding Acan

derek12261984

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2024
Messages
201
Reaction score
115
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
As the title said, I have an acan that is not doing so hot. I’ve had it for about two weeks now and it was doing great, but I’ve noticed the last 2 days it has started to recede in one spot. I posted all of my chemistry below. I’ve moved it to a lower light lower flow area to see if that helps but is there anything else I should be doing, I do feed twice a week amino acids and plankton.

IMG_0591.jpeg IMG_0590.jpeg IMG_0589.jpeg IMG_0592.png
 
Hey friend! How is it doing now? Can you also post your light and flow settings?
 
Hi all,
As the title said, I have an acan that is not doing so hot. I’ve had it for about two weeks now and it was doing great, but I’ve noticed the last 2 days it has started to recede in one spot. I posted all of my chemistry below. I’ve moved it to a lower light lower flow area to see if that helps but is there anything else I should be doing, I do feed twice a week amino acids and plankton.

IMG_0591.jpeg IMG_0590.jpeg IMG_0589.jpeg IMG_0592.png
Personally I would put it back in higher Flow. I'm not sure what you mean by low flow but they need to shed the waste with flow.

Also, alk is high in comparison with po4. High alk, high nutrients.

Salanity is at the minimum I would shoot for. Maybe just a bump to 1.025 would help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new