Receding Clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefJCB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
812
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost a clam a few weeks ago and this one has been having issues with the mantle retracting. The foot detached and I am able to see underneath and it’s got a visible cavity.

Reading into pinched mantle disease and trying a freshwater dip as a last ditch effort. Fingers crossed.

DCDF858A-5EFE-407E-AE02-437419ABBB57.jpeg
 
Following, looking to add a clam and researching issues
 
Clam should be full of tissue inside the shell. What you have is a clam that was stressed for a long time and lost a lot of mass already. The sell show no new growth at all. I fon't think he will do well.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new