Receding Open Brain

psychicmind

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

I have a new open brain coral which I added one week ago. I dipped it in revive for 14 minutes before adding to my tank to help get rid of pests.

Two days ago I noticed it has a small area where the tissue had receded. That may have been there all this time and didn’t notice. You cannot see it when it is inflated.

I started feeding it with graded shrimp after I noticed, to make sure it has plenty of nutrients for healing.

Today a snail lifted it a bit from the sand so I got a better view. I’m not 100% sure, but I think it is healing. Looks like a wound that is slowly closing. But I also noticed a suspicious hole near the area.

Any feedback of experience?

Two Days Ago
704A5050-0C95-453C-96F6-9C79E3CDADF9.jpeg

Today
782B9277-54E5-425E-BF0B-7510C03037E0.jpeg

OP
OP
psychicmind

psychicmind

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the iodine dip shortly after my post, just that one time. I do think that cleaned out the “wound”. Since then I kept feeding it shrimp twice a week.

I has probably doubled in size since. I’m kinda surprised how fast it grows. The wound is clean, certainly not growing, and shrank a bit. I looks much better now compared to the pic.

I think it’s is doing very well now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back