Recent changes to the filtration in my Evo 13.5, want to make sure I'm doing it right

kiteski14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently changed from the stock filtration to the intank media baskets in the Evo 13.5

I attaches some pictures of it below. Right now I am running Filter Floss, and then Fluval Carbon Media, and then Biomax in the first chamber, and in the second I'm just running additional Biomax. Is that good filtration? Do I need anything else?

I bought Chemipure blue that I plan on putting in once I change out the Carbon next month. Would this replace the Fluval Carbon Media? Is 5.5 OZ of chemipure blue too large for this tank?

A couple other additional questions I have.

- How often should I change out the Biomax? I spoke to a guy a my LFS and he had said I never had to change it out, is that the case?
- How often should I replace the carbon media? I've been doing it monthly, but will this change once I use Chemipureblue?

IMG_8585.JPG IMG_8590.JPG IMG_8589.JPG IMG_8588.JPG IMG_8587.JPG IMG_8586.JPG

Jim8o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me... I had this tank using Fluval PS2 skimmer in chamber one.. Intank media basket in chamber 2 running floss, carbon, rowaphos and Matrix. It is now my frag tank/quarantine tank.

Good little tank.

Here is an early photo of the tank.. sorry I don’t have any when it was more established.
1584879587280.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kiteski14

kiteski14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me... I had this tank using Fluval PS2 skimmer in chamber one.. Intank media basket in chamber 2 running floss, carbon, rowaphos and Matrix. It is now my frag tank/quarantine tank.

Good little tank.
Thanks would you suggest me adding rowaphos or matrix? Or do you not think it's necessary?

Jim8o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks would you suggest me adding rowaphos or matrix? Or do you not think it's necessary?
I did due to my phosphate levels.. in my experience carbon and a GFO seems to work well together in this tank. Maybe someone else can comment?

As for matrix I used this as part of my bio filtration.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back