recharging Di resin......

twintrades

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Location
norther wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I had a bucket of di resin sitting around. It was wet then i forgot about it..... Now its dry

Can i still recharge it ? Or should i just throw it out ?
 
Try it - I'm curious.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I would just dip it back in some ro water just to wet it again and would think it would be OK, but I have not recharged any resin in about 15 years and never once dried so I can't tell you for sure. If you are going to throw it out I would try it anyway.....
 
Same way you know if the DI in your filter is working - filter some tap water through it and then measure! :-)

-Matt


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
You could take the TDS probe out and measure a sample in a cup or whatever. You could also temporarily re-plumb the system's tap water input to your DI canister, assuming the probe is on the output of your DI. Run the canister empty to gauge your tap water's TDS, then fill with recharged DI resin and see what TDS you get.

Personally I wouldn't waste the mileage on your prefilter, carbon and membrane (and waste water) to test the recharged DI with everything hooked up. Just leave it as-is in the bucket until you can run a good test.

-Matt
 
If the resin wasn't exhausted to begin with it should work ,but you cant regenerate DI resin unless you have some Hydrochloric acid and caustic soda handy.:smile:
 
Resins shouldbe separate cation and anion resins, not mixed bed to recharge them properly. Its not worth the hazardous chemicals to me and I work with the stuff every day in municipal water treatment plants.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new