Recirculating CO2 scrubber, media getting wet

Necrodaemus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
517
Reaction score
335
Location
Ashland
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Lately, I've been having an issue where excessive moisture is building up in the CO2 canister and getting the soda lime (Jorvet) wet, which rapidly deletes and renders it useless. I do have a moisture collection container (food canister with 2 holes in lid) between it and the skimmer collection cup/recirculation lid. The moisture collection cup is doing it's job but moisture is still condensing inside the CO2 media canister. Any tips to help prevent this?

20250924_224102.jpg
 
I would stop recirculating it.

Recirculating can have some big downsides including condensation but even worse is the lack of oxygenation from the skimmer
 
I had that problem too then I stumbled upon the scrubber sold by FishOfHex. You can buy the whole scrubber or the part that removes the water before the media . I bought the whole scrubber and love it. Works great.
 
I had that problem too then I stumbled upon the scrubber sold by FishOfHex. You can buy the whole scrubber or the part that removes the water before the media . I bought the whole scrubber and love it. Works great.
I'll check it out. I'm actually using his printed recirculation ring on my skimmer.
 
I used to have this problem, I added an equal sized RO canister first as water trap, but then most important was raising CO2 scrubber above height of skimmer cup, this seriously reduced the issue.
Finally cured it by ditching recirc CO2 scrubber in favour of fresh air line to outside. Sold on the remaining 12L of unused Soda Line and bought lots of beer. Girl with a master plan, hooray! 🍻🥳
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new