Recirculating CO2 Scrubber w/ Tunze 9004

majority_rules

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

My work tank pH stays around 7.8. I was dosing alkalinity to bring the pH up, but I started to get worried that I was going to raise the dKH too high. I bought the universal CO2 scrubber from BRS and their media to go with it. I set everything up, but the pH has only risen up to 7.95 and it's been 3 days. I'm thinking perhaps I set it up incorrectly.
The "In" tube is pulling air from the skimmer cup and the "Out" tube goes to the airline tubing of the protein skimmer where the silencer was. There's some humidity in the tubing that goes "In". I don't see any in the chamber.
Does this sound okay?

dKH 10.5
Ca 405
Mg 1360

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Joy

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bypassed the silencer, on attached the intake line from the Co2 Scrubber directly to where the silencer line attaches to the skimmer intake below the water line. I also had the Co2 scrubber intake like venter to a fresh air source.

The fresh air source would be difficult at an office. Maybe try to direct the A/C return toward your desk for more filtered air and possibly purchase a small fan to circulate are above you tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back