recomendation for power head

  • Thread starter Thread starter alan j t
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alan j t

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
153
Reaction score
45
Location
Reno nv
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, im helping a friend with his tanks. he needs powerheads real bad.
the tanks are in a salon so we have to hide the wires. he has a conduit in the overflow for wires. the plan is to mount the power head in the center where the overflow is.
ok, so we have a 350gallon reef tank and a 500 gallon reef semi aggressive with some corals. both tanks are 8ft long.
i need some options on some really good power heads and maybe some not so the best ones.
 
5b3847df5fa78e319f88c46b60c48ffe.jpg
68d19c9e890b5af5d8f02c33b87cda9b.jpg
 
Vortech Mp or a Gyre. They cost, but that is a nice tank some higher end powerheads would be awesome.
Have them both and as @Tahoe61 said they are price but I would have none other
 
ok thanks for the replys. anyone else have other ideas. he kinda tight at the moment
 
ok thanks for the replys. anyone else have other ideas. he kinda tight at the moment
Hydor, they are very good power-head for the price and Hydor sell a controller too so that you can alternate them. this what I started out with and they do the job. I still have my Hydor's and us them for mixing in different application with in my reef management.
 
Vortech won't work in the overflow because the dry side would end up wet. I am not sure about using the magnets of the jebao in the overflow either but it's nothing some epoxy on the inside suction cup won't fix. I'm not exactly sure how the gyre is held up, so I can't comment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new