Recomendations

dhutcheson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading my tank :wink: I am moving from a 24x24x24 60 gallon cube to a 48x24x28 140 gallon mixed reef. I currently have 2 clowns and a yellow tank as well as a 6" or so clam in the 60. I really want to add some addional color and activity to the new tank with fish. I am thinking about 5-6 green chromis. I like color the schooling look they provide. I would also like some recomendations on other fish that will work well with this mix of fish and coral.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish do you like? I'd browse the LA site and see what type of fish spark your interest and then research them. Don't let others decide on what goes in your tank since you are the one looking at it all the time :)

For color and activity wrasses are great fish.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Chromis are notorious for killing one another off, until 1 or 2 remain. If you were to "poll" 100 hobbyists, who've tried to put 6-8 of these guys in their tanks, at least 95 of them would report that 1 or 2 remained, 3-4 months later. While they are a "schooling" fish, even the largest tank doesn't allow for "schooling behavior." A "school" would require hundreds to thousands. We try to treat them as a "shoaling" fish, with a small group of them, but it rarely works out...unfortunately.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back