Recommend me some WWC Acropora

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC purple candle acro, WWC heartbreaker, WWC Ice dragon, WWC palmers blue milli,WWC little red ferrari, WWC yellow fever. Those are some favs i remembered off the top of my head they have too many to choose from!

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol why does everyone's favorites have to be out of stock [emoji24][emoji24]
Cause they pretty! Heheh doesn't mean they're out of stock other places.. but I can understand wanting to buy from the source.

snakejacques

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put in an order for Somewhere Over The Rainbow Milli, figured I should pick some other acros up while I'm at it. Anyone got any recommendations?
I like the pink passion and the Heartbreakers pretty cool
20180911_164523.jpeg
20180703_180843.jpeg

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone local has the WWC Hippie Juice and it’s insane! Patiently waiting in line for a frag.

I’m going to Orlando in November and have been trying to compile a list as well.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the ones listed in this thread, and are out of stock, are the ones that "stuck" and people want over time. The newer named stuff does not always have a market a few months from now.

Just buy what you like the look of. Everybodies faves differ.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They currently have a somewhere over the rainbow for sale and that's one of the best. Very few frags cone available and I was surprised it actually made it to their website.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with WWC is while they are now farming things, they NEVER seem to have anything for a long amount of time.. Especially with Acros. They seem to operate more like a chop shop that gets in corals, names them, frags them out and sells out. Then they get in a new batch and rename it. They supposedly don't do that... But have you ever noticed they rarely ever have anything more than once?

Hopefully they are keeping and growing stuff now.. Because it never seems like they have in the past.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen them pull out a decent amount of the classics during live sales and such. It's possible (but heck if I know) that they move a lot of that stuff in store and they don't have need to list it on the site. I have noticed that the site has been kinda random lately especially with acros. They definitely have mothers of a respectable amount of their classics, etc (many tours on youtube you can see the mothers in their larger displays and lots of the classics in some of the farm tanks as well as threads in their sponsor forum here on R2R)

Sick tank btw, Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm hoping they're moving more towards keeping their strains around. Maybe they are just saving them for live sales now, it's hard to say.. All I know is they seem to have something once then almost never again (at least on their site). Which sounds like what most chop shops do. I don't bother with live sales, so if they save their classic named colonies for the live sales I'd have never known lol.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They rename the same corals so much that I lose track of them all. I’ve seen the same pink acroporas get renamed over and over and over again.

Whatever their pink acropora is right now, that’s a decent one. Pink Passion is what I bought it as.

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC WOW Is pretty nice! So are 500 Degrees, French Tickler, Aries Avalanche. Classics!

WWC has a number system that goes in to the thousands for their Acros. Check your plug stem for the A#.
Example; Pink Passion, Pinked Out, WOW can look very similar as frags but will look different as colonies. So, the number system is vital to get the names right on the frags. Correct names are kept at the best of WWC's ability.
Classics and signature pieces are grown out in their displays and newer arrivals are grown out in the farm.
Corals at WWC sell very fast! A colony gets fragged and can sell out in a week. It can take 3-6 months to grow back out large enough to get fragged again. Some can even take 6-9 months. This is why you see it once, then not again for a long while.

Know something you want? Contact a sales person and check for availability. [email protected]
Cut to order frags are coming in the near future. This will depend on if the colony is ready to be cut and if a good cut can be obtained.

I hope this clears some of the questions up.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back