Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clear Fabrications is a top notch acrylic tank builder in Seattle Washington.
They ship.
Don't get them to build a metal stand. I had a 2" sq tubing stand made and it has a center high point. Saying it was from the heat of welding. If so and they know about it, then they should know how to weld and compensate for the heat distortion. Told me basically I'm on my own. Wants me to use shims to make up the 1/8th inch gap. I don't think so especially on a 260 gal Reef Savvy aquarium. So now I'm getting with a chassis fabricator to fix his jack up.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Don't get them to build a metal stand. I had a 2" sq tubing stand made and it has a center high point. Saying it was from the heat of welding. If so and they know about it, then they should know how to weld and compensate for the heat distortion. Told me basically I'm on my own. Wants me to use shims to make up the 1/8th inch gap. I don't think so especially on a 260 gal Reef Savvy aquarium. So now I'm getting with a chassis fabricator to fix his jack up.
Sorry to hear this.
I've know Jason for 25+ years and find it hard to believe he would say this. I am not doubting you.
Just not being part of the whole conversation.
I do know his acrylic work is first rate.
Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very happy with my Tsunami 360 gallon.
Mind if I ask how long you've had your Tsunami? I'm considering a 250 gallon from them and just been curious how people feel about them longer term.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind if I ask how long you've had your Tsunami? I'm considering a 250 gallon from them and just been curious how people feel about them longer term.
I’m very happy with mine. It’s been running for about six months. I liked that I could talk to the builder Scott directly if need be and he along with all their staff were very helpful. Customer service is a dying thing these days so it was very reassuring considering the $$ I was forking out. On top of all that they had the best price I could find glass or acrylic for that size tank. I would absolutely recommend them!

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve polished scratches to like new in glass more than once. It’s much more time consuming than acrylic, but it most certainly can be done.
Must have been light scratches… deeper scratches and damage done by coralline algae, IME, can’t be fixed

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very happy with mine. It’s been running for about six months. I liked that I could talk to the builder Scott directly if need be and he along with all their staff were very helpful. Customer service is a dying thing these days so it was very reassuring considering the $$ I was forking out. On top of all that they had the best price I could find glass or acrylic for that size tank. I would absolutely recommend them!
Awesome, thank you for the response.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back