Recommendations for buying(online) fish/inverts

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2019
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
6,202
Location
WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I'm looking for some recommendations on where to purchase a couple things. I'm building out a nano reef and wanting to add 3-4 sexy shrimp and a neon blue goby. Right now I have an order assembled on LiveAquaria, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to look for recommendations from the forum on other vendor options or general opinions.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Love aquaria has been good to me besides both times I got a sand sifting goby DOA
 
I try to go local first for me which is AlgaeBarn. They have some livestock they rotate through. Other than that, my fallback is liveaquaria.com. They have a good 14 day guarantee, which no LFS can match.
 
Right now it's a gamble with the postal system. With that said, any vendor here will fit the bill and most ship FedEx priority 10:30am arrival and they dont put the animal in the bag until the last second. I recently got some great deals on cleanup crew and multiple fish from reef4less and they are all doing great! Liveaquaria has always been my go to. Sure you will get DOA with any vendor. It happens a lot and that is why they have DOA policies. Invertes unfortunately are the most susceptible and your acclimation game better be on point too! Make sure you read on acclimation. Float and drop only works with coral and dry shipped snails and crabs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new