Recommendations for buying(online) fish/inverts

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I'm looking for some recommendations on where to purchase a couple things. I'm building out a nano reef and wanting to add 3-4 sexy shrimp and a neon blue goby. Right now I have an order assembled on LiveAquaria, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to look for recommendations from the forum on other vendor options or general opinions.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to go local first for me which is AlgaeBarn. They have some livestock they rotate through. Other than that, my fallback is liveaquaria.com. They have a good 14 day guarantee, which no LFS can match.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right now it's a gamble with the postal system. With that said, any vendor here will fit the bill and most ship FedEx priority 10:30am arrival and they dont put the animal in the bag until the last second. I recently got some great deals on cleanup crew and multiple fish from reef4less and they are all doing great! Liveaquaria has always been my go to. Sure you will get DOA with any vendor. It happens a lot and that is why they have DOA policies. Invertes unfortunately are the most susceptible and your acclimation game better be on point too! Make sure you read on acclimation. Float and drop only works with coral and dry shipped snails and crabs.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back