Recommendations for low-moderate light/high-flow coral?

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add a coral to the rockwork on the lower level of my EVO. The flower pot coral (circled in red) was knocked off the rock while I was away for the weekend and looks like it's completely dead. It never seemed truly happy in that location, so I'm looking to replace it with a coral that will do well in low (75-100 PAR) light and will thrive being blasted with random high flow from the Nero 3 on the right side of the image (peaks at about 1250 gph). I'd like it to be pretty colorful (especially yellows, reds, and oranges) and glow. I don't care either way about movement.

I thought of Cyphastrea, but am open to other suggestions. I do have a Jack-O-Lantern Lepto, so I don't want to be redundant (24k Gold looks nice though). For some reason I'm kind of blanking, so I'm really looking forward to suggestions. Thanks!

InkedFTS - North.jpg

OP
OP
jfoahs04

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And below the Pavona is a large Mummy Eye Chalice that basically is in total shade.
Yours look great - I may go that route.

I have some bright red acans that grow fast and really stand out.
How do they do in high flow? I have 3 thriving acan colonies, but they're mostly in lower flow areas. I'd be a little concerned about that in this location, otherwise I'm a big acan fan.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours look great - I may go that route.

How do they do in high flow? I have 3 thriving acan colonies, but they're mostly in lower flow areas. I'd be a little concerned about that in this location, otherwise I'm a big acan fan.
I've got them in moderate light and flow and the bright red are in an sps dominant tank in lots of flow and 200 par. They stay really puffy in the high flow. You've got a very nice tank. Red would look great.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got them in moderate light and flow and the bright red are in an sps dominant tank in lots of flow and 200 par. They stay really puffy in the high flow. You've got a very nice tank. Red would look great.
Bad pic but add a little white and they're fire engine red.
20220524_181108.jpg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 61 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back