Recommendations for random flow generator or gyre

  • Thread starter Thread starter Merdfrog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Merdfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
47
Reaction score
6
Location
Costa Mesa
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon tank and i have some difficulty getting flow to deadspots in the tank. I'm looking for an affordable gyre. Most seem to be geared for larger aquariums. Maxspect had the xf 150 but it appears to be discontinued. I also see that ones with no controller are significantly cheaper. Any recommendation would be welcome
 
I have some Icecap 4K's on a 100g tank. They are controlled and work pretty well, pretty high flow. I don't find them to be sufficient to get everywhere so I have 2 more wave makers also.
 
I run 2 x 2k icecap gyres on my 40 breeder - gyres are the best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new