Gyres for flow?

Clemons123!

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
58
Reaction score
17
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210 gallon tank. 7x2x2

The sump is giving a return flow (pushing 2200 gallons ish). The return and overflow are on the left side.

I was thinking to get a maxspect gyre the cloud ones. However I see so many having problems with the app to control them. I finished the video from the 52 weeks of reefing where the flow was changed to gyres and the code is run with apex.

Are there any wave makers/ power heads similar to the gyres that you have had better luck with? Also with easy programming without getting another system??

Would you only place one on the right due to the constant flow from the left? What other placements would be good ??


Have a sump with fuge. Going to be a mixed reef. Fish, rock, softies and sps. Maybe LPS down the road once I learn more on them.
 
I'm using a Maxspect XF330 and an IceCap Jump 2K on a Hydros WaveEngine controller. It costs a bit more that way but you do have the added benefit of the App control and it can be expanded to a larger Collective later if you decide to add more sensors or controls.
 
I have my Jump 2K vertical on the right and the XF330 horizontal on the left with the flow from my return split and flowing mostly towards the front
 
Just get the jebaos! Much cheaper and I have noticed lasts MUCH longer! I have two SCP150s on my 350Gallon tank with a closed loop and they move more than enough water around the tank.

My tanks footprint is 7ft x 3ft x 2ft.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new