Recommended coral dip

mmorrison55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
1,546
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is your recommended coral dipping process, what products have worked good for you?

I’ve had to move my corals and inverts to a smaller tank for the past month while I treat my main display for ich. As im approaching the time where I can start adding things back to the main display, my corals are looking a little neglected. All seem to have some algae, a few have obvious hair algae, and the polyp extension has been minimal since going into the QT tank.

What would you recommend for reviving them before putting them back in the main display?

Ive mostly got euphyllia (hammers and torches), but I have a few mushrooms, some Duncan’s, a blasto, and a psammocora.

The ones with hair algae, I was planning a saltwater/h2o2 dip, but besides treating for the algae, what do you guys use for a cleaner/health booster to try and jump start their growth process?
 
Honestly, I don’t seem to find coral dips improve health on a coral without pests.

They are mostly for invert killing, and the peroxide for algae on skeleton or in between zoas.

You can try an antibiotic dip, but mileage may vary
 
What is your recommended coral dipping process, what products have worked good for you?

I’ve had to move my corals and inverts to a smaller tank for the past month while I treat my main display for ich. As im approaching the time where I can start adding things back to the main display, my corals are looking a little neglected. All seem to have some algae, a few have obvious hair algae, and the polyp extension has been minimal since going into the QT tank.

What would you recommend for reviving them before putting them back in the main display?

Ive mostly got euphyllia (hammers and torches), but I have a few mushrooms, some Duncan’s, a blasto, and a psammocora.

The ones with hair algae, I was planning a saltwater/h2o2 dip, but besides treating for the algae, what do you guys use for a cleaner/health booster to try and jump start their growth process?
Yes to peroxide dip. I have used a 10 minute soak in a 10% solution of 3% peroxide and salt water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new