reconfigure of lights and flow

Miclmcorallover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to change up my flow of my 190. Currently I have 4 neros along the back and one orbit on the side. It is a mixed reef. Debating moving the orbit to the back on one side and put the two neros that are currently there on the side top and bottom. I have sps on top and mostly lps and softies mid and bottom. My reasoning is to help keep sand off the bottom corals better but not sure if this is the route to go. Do I just try it out? Didnt know if anyone had suggestions.

Also, currently running 4 t5 blue and 3 radions. I just picked up 2 reefi duo and wondering if switching out would be better lighting. Ot I can use the reefis on another tank. The 190 is my main tank so looking to have good lighting for mixed tank without frying my lps.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I just try it out?

Can't comment on lighting as I've not tried the reefi. As to flow its always just trial and error for me. There are so many differences in tanks with different rock scapes and what not so what works on one tank may not work on another of the same size.
I have a sps tank 36x24x24" with two nero 5s, two mp40s, and two mp10s. It took a few weeks to get them dialed in but now I finally have a nice random flow and all detritus gets trapped in the same corner for easy removal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back