Red algae

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a slit reddish haze kinda starting might me algae what is this? Anyone seen this b4 is it bad should I be alarmed ?? If so what do I do? Is this a form or corolline algae I’ve never added any so just odd
Any help is appreciated thank you !

image.jpg image.jpg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a slit reddish haze kinda starting might me algae what is this? Anyone seen this b4 is it bad should I be alarmed ?? If so what do I do? Is this a form or corolline algae I’ve never added any so just odd
Any help is appreciated thank you !

image.jpg image.jpg
If you could circle what you want identified.

On the back glass in first photo and blush on rock in second photo there seems to be red cyanobacteria. Did the rocks start out purple?

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could circle what you want identified.

On the back glass in first photo and blush on rock in second photo there seems to be red cyanobacteria. Did the rocks start out purple?
Yes they did , and I looked it up and I think the Cyanobacteria is my problem , what does this do if not taken care of ? And how can I take care of is Ik I have to beef up my CUC I have 5-6 snails

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they did , and I looked it up and I think the Cyanobacteria is my problem , what does this do if not taken care of ? And how can I take care of is Ik I have to beef up my CUC I have 5-6 snails
I don’t consider what you have as trouble yet.

The paths your system can take are many, ranging from a blush that disappears to a blush that eventually covers every surface. There seems to be no reliable way to predict which path your system will take. I doubt a clean up crew will do anything to mitigate cyanobacteria.

Selecting remedies are a very personal choice. The most straightforward but potentially controversial treatment is Chemiclean. Adjusting flow, lighting, feeding, or adding bottled bacteria and suction it out are among the other treatments.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back