Red Algae

Dennis McGrath

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
595
Reaction score
1,255
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen (and had) Cyano before, but this seems different. Long and stringy, VERY long.
Is this cyano, or something else?

IMG_20180811_080213.jpg
 
increase the feeding as well?

Your tank looks awful clean, It’s been my experience running a tank to clean can cause cyano blooms.. I would also limit water changes but when doing them target syphon all the cyano you can. I had it for over a year in one of my tanks that I was running ULN.. nothing helped eradicate it until I dramatically increased feedings, of course it’s a balance you don’t want undesirable algae taking off in your tank.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new