Red and black bristle worm

ReefFreak@

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
71
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night was doing a lights out observation of the tank and came by a black and red bristle worm about the size of a tooth pick.Should i be concerned and go on a worm hunt, or leave him alone?
 
That's what I was thinking just wanted some input. He's probably a great detritus eater.
 
I just found 1 that I’m not sure if it’s a fire worm or bristle warm size of a toothpick
 
Just seen this guy red and black mostly
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 51
Is he chill or do I need to worry about him
He’s chill. They do grow larger over time though and some people don’t like the sight of a large bristle worm.
 
Is he chill or do I need to worry about him

Good cuc crew member. I have hundreds and welcome them. Some people are freaked out by their appearance. Mine only come out at night. It's a good idea to wear gloves when moving rocks and such around as a precaution.
 
Good cuc crew member. I have hundreds and welcome them. Some people are freaked out by their appearance. Mine only come out at night. It's a good idea to wear gloves when moving rocks and such around as a precaution.
Oh so keep him he my tank will benefit from him…. Ok sounds good I think my zombie snails spooked him out cause they barred themselves in that same corner and so he moved to the other side of the rock
 
Oh so keep him he my tank will benefit from him…. Ok sounds good I think my zombie snails spooked him out cause they barred themselves in that same corner and so he moved to the other side of the rock
I would keep it. They usually stay under rocks in my bare bottom tanks but I'm pretty sure they will go onto sand. They can get fairly large but I've never had them bother anything. I found this one when I was breaking down a tank. I added it to the new tank.
20230803_185753.jpg
 
I would keep it. They usually stay under rocks in my bare bottom tanks but I'm pretty sure they will go onto sand. They can get fairly large but I've never had them bother anything. I found this one when I was breaking down a tank. I added it to the new tank.
20230803_185753.jpg
Oh wow he’s huge mines like toothpick size about 2 inches long and it literally avoided the snails so ima keep it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new