Red/blue haddoni carpet

slk55r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a small red/blue haddoni carpet from extreme corals and it just arrived!

After losing my pink one (it was doing horrible from the shipping) I was looking for another haddoni to replace him.

This guy is around 4 inches across (out of the bag) and is better looking than he was on the website. He is extremely sticky and was attached to the shipping bag. Mouth was closed when I got him out of shipping!!!

Looks extremely healthy and I"m excited to see how he will do.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so youre the one who bought it..u are quick!!!congrats...if i didnt have one ill be soo jealous:D pics ! pics!
DSC08435.jpg

OP
OP
S

slk55r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay

the anemone has fully planted his foot in the sand and mouth has remained fully closed this whole time.

Now that it has expanded a bit its around 6inches. Coloration is a bit different than I thought.

I just went and looked extremely closely and its a dark blue base with orange tips on the tentacles and green on the lower end of the tentacles near the base. This is most apparent near the mouth. On the edges of the anemone the tentacles are a bit more red than orange and I can't see any green. The tentacles on the edges are bit longer than near the mouth. My kids think that the edges look more pink.

Do you normally see quadcolor hadonnis?

Btw the colors really stand out under full actinics. Under normal lighting it just looks orange/red.

Last edited:

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
slk55r good score dude! I was looking at those 2 reds as well on the site. I think they were gone before I even got the email from them haha.

It looks pretty healthy from the side, but take a shot from the front!

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
From the pic it looks like a piece of orange sponge :D

wicked demon

trained monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a small red/blue haddoni carpet from extreme corals and it just arrived!

After losing my pink one (it was doing horrible from the shipping) I was looking for another haddoni to replace him.

This guy is around 4 inches across (out of the bag) and is better looking than he was on the website. He is extremely sticky and was attached to the shipping bag. Mouth was closed when I got him out of shipping!!!

Looks extremely healthy and I"m excited to see how he will do.

i wanna see!! it sounds cool.:bigsmile:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back