Red bugs!! =o

burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I definitely have a lot red bugs. I feel terrible, had no idea why this guy was so ****** at me. Anyway I've been reading up on this sentinel product, is that the way to go? Alternatives? I'd like to buy local rather than online. Here's a quick pic of the dreadful little critters.

OP
OP
burn

burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I think they are pretty much the same thing, I also read that interceptor was discontinued.

dsmhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to remove the infected corals? If so Bayer is the way to go.

OP
OP
burn

burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not able to remove the corals. I did pick up some Sentinel tabs at my dogs vet hospital. I'll do a bit more reading on treatment before I go ahead with it.

OP
OP
burn

burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I picked up the sentinel at my vet hospital. I chopped it, used a quarter pill and let the pumps run for 6 hours. Skimmers on now, I'll do a water change in the AM. I threw a flashlight on the tank and the corals look pretty good, I'll know more in the morning with a new pic.

Salty heart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen those red bugs before on anything I have read about--do you know what they are??

OP
OP
burn

burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, the rsm is 250l so ~65 gal and I used a ~quarter pill. Today I don't see any of the bastads. Last night I saw my 2 emerald crabs, bulls eye shrimp, and mini lobster all doing just fine. All and all success, one thing I did notice was my skimmer just sucking bubbles before and after water change, at the 24 hr mark it was back to normal.

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, the rsm is 250l so ~65 gal and I used a ~quarter pill. Today I don't see any of the bastads. Last night I saw my 2 emerald crabs, bulls eye shrimp, and mini lobster all doing just fine. All and all success, one thing I did notice was my skimmer just sucking bubbles before and after water change, at the 24 hr mark it was back to normal.

Thanks I went today but the vet needed a pill size .... Milligram or size of the dog it's meant to treat.... Do you remember what you used?

Netta Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind skipped piggy over you pic thanks in gnna give it a shot myself... Did any of the corals get upset ?

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing reported that it hurts with an in tank treatment is your inverts. Crabs, pods, etc...

KYLECT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sucks, hope the new treatment works out for you, seems like its going good so far.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used interceptor spectrum, killed all of the redbugs and all of my acro crabs. Pods bounced back quick.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back