Red granulosa maybe??

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think this frag is worth, if you saw this at your LFS?

Red_Devil_Acro_-_75_720x.jpg

Red_Devil_Acro_-_75_720x.jpg

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it looks like that and not green like most frags in my lfs I would do 40-50 bucks. But I am weird when it come to corals worth.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's not a granulosa, so I wouldn't buy it if that's what I was looking for. Granulosa coralites are much more tubular. I would also guess that coral is a washed out pink rust type color in person.

I'd probably pass on it.

OP
OP
Reefer40b

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not a granulosa, so I wouldn't buy it if that's what I was looking for. Granulosa coralites are much more tubular. I would also guess that coral is a washed out pink rust type color in person.

I'd probably pass on it.

What type of coral do you think that is? I have one in my tank with the same coralite structure here is a pic of the one in my tank currently LRM_EXPORT_20180621_054228.jpg

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The above frag is too small to make an ID...........it doesn't look the same as the first coral.

I don't know what the first coral is........you can do some research on the aims site and see if you can match something up. Focus on corallite structure.

Here is A granulsoa --
http://coral.aims.gov.au/factsheet.jsp?speciesCode=0033

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be extremely skeptical of that frag in a LFS... the black background and weird color of the frag plug give me pause that this might be an internet masterpiece. You would get to see it with your own eyes to decide, though. However, true red/pink Granulosa are $100+ per inch for frags. Atlantis Rosy Red Granulosa might command more than twice this price, if you can even find it... mine does not grow all that well into shapes that are easy to frag.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be extremely skeptical of that frag in a LFS... the black background and weird color of the frag plug give me pause that this might be an internet masterpiece. You would get to see it with your own eyes to decide, though. However, true red/pink Granulosa are $100+ per inch for frags. Atlantis Rosy Red Granulosa might command more than twice this price, if you can even find it... mine does not grow all that well into shapes that are easy to frag.
Agree the picture looks heavily modified.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back