Red mdntipora digi not opening / turning white

JACKS REEF

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
278
Reaction score
86
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this montipora digi a few days ago. It was open for a few hours then closed up. I havent seen it fully open in the last few days. A few new white spots appeared and i cant tell if it is from my fox face or the water quality. My other corals such as lps are doing well. My sps on the other hand are not doing so well. Half of my cyphastrea bleached, and my green birds nest does not seem to be growing. I do weekly water changes and change sump media often. What could be the problem?
IMG_1412.jpeg
 
Last edited:
How old is this tank, and what are your parameters?
 
My tanks probably around 3 years old currently i dont know my parameters because my test kits are old.
These animals are sensitive to the water chemistry. When is the last time you were able to test anything? I'm far from an expert, but this might be your problem here 😁
 
These animals are sensitive to the water chemistry. When is the last time you were able to test anything? I'm far from an expert, but this might be your problem here 😁
Last time i checked was about 3 weeks ago but because my test kits are old my paramaters were all out of whack so i dont know if its acurate.
 
Last time i checked was about 3 weeks ago but because my test kits are old my paramaters were all out of whack so i dont know if its acurate.
I mean, I think that's a problem. How can you know what's going on with your tank if you can't test the water, and how can anyone offer help here? Can you bring a sample to your local store and have them check? If this was me, I'd perform a large water change to try and reset all parameters. Premix to the same salinity as the tank, and preheat to the same temperature. In an ideal world we'd match the alkalinity too, but...... 😁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new