Red ogo turning green

  • Thread starter Thread starter samnaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That is GREAT info - I have been using the 60w LED equivalent with 5000 K bulb (home depot) but you have me wondering if maybe I should try increasing to 100w LED 5K equivalent daylight bulb ... though I'm trying a 24 hour cycle right now and wouldn't want to burn up my macroalgaes. I'm only 1-2 weeks into trying 24 hours, so far so good but too soon for me to say if this is a good approach for my tank.

@Subsea if you have any thoughts on possible wattage increase, given my bulb is only ~8 inches from top of refugium, I'd be grateful.

what macro is in your refugium?

Within limits you can increase intensity. If you choose to increase intensity, I would reduce 24 hour lighting. I operate cryptic refugiums with no lights, however I have ornamental seaweeds in most of my tanks which are on 16 hr lighting duration.

case study using Bortacladia, red grapes:
https://www.marineplantbook.com/marinebookbotryo.htm
It is collected in 30‘-120’ of water. When I get it from the divers, it is dark burgundy. If shocked with too much light it will lose its flotation balls and disentigrate. As I subject it to more light, it’s color change becomes fire engine red. When subjected to intense light, it turns yellow/orange
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new