Red patch on one side of my ocellaris clownfish

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start to show that several days before and the color of the patch is getting darker.

Please help with diagnosis.

微信图片_20190505221508.jpg
微信图片_20190505221449.jpg
微信图片_20190505221434.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more to me like a sting and possibly an infection than uronema. I’d source kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 for use in quarantine. You’ll need biospira to start a biofilter immediately and an ammonia alert badge for telling you when it’s tine to do water changes to reduce ammonia.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does not look like uronema to me.

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this clown QT’ed? How long has this spot been developing? How long since your last addition?

I put two clownfish into DT same time as my first group of fish. So no QT. They are in the tank for five weeks now.
I put a Midas blenny in the DT at 1th of May. It has not been properly quarantined as I did not set my QT tank quite well and the ammonia spiked when the Midas was in QT ( the QT is setting up now)
The symptom was funded at 2th of May. Just one day after the addition. However as my focus was on the Midas blenny those days, I'm not sure the exact time when this spot occurred. The Midas blenny always hides but started to eat.

Eating, no flashing, no rapid breathing, spending most of its time playing with elegance coral and threatening the smaller clownfish.

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more to me like a sting and possibly an infection than uronema. I’d source kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 for use in quarantine. You’ll need biospira to start a biofilter immediately and an ammonia alert badge for telling you when it’s tine to do water changes to reduce ammonia.

I have Seacham ammonia alert and use API to test ammonia level every 2-3 days. Never shows ammonia and nitrite. Nitrate around 5 ppm.

Thanks for help!

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for troubling you but the situation seems to be getting worse, the red blotch on its left body turned darker and a new blotch occurs on its right belly today.
微信图片_20190507113749.jpg
微信图片_20190507113723.jpg
微信图片_20190507113757.jpg
微信图片_20190507113803.jpg

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He needs to be feared with antibiotics in a quarantine tank as I suggested previously. It takes several days, even a week or more before most infections in fish clear up. You’re running out of time, IMO :(

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He needs to be feared with antibiotics in a quarantine tank as I suggested previously. It takes several days, even a week or more before most infections in fish clear up. You’re running out of time, IMO :(

kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2,should I use them at the same time? Sorry that I am a beginner.

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2,should I use them at the same time? Sorry that I am a beginner.

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for you all ~~~ another question is that I am in Australia and it is hard to find those 3 medications here.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for you all ~~~ another question is that I am in Australia and it is hard to find those 3 medications here.
I've heard that it's hard to get those there. The experts I tagged above are in the US, like me, and probably in bed right now. They may have some alternate suggestions for you in the morning

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No problem, and yes.

Can you find nitrofuracin green? You’ll need a quarantine to administer medications. I’m not very familiar with what is available down under, unfortunately. Are any of these abx available on eBay Australia?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish medications containing the same active ingredients should work. Or anything like these:

Nitrofurazone
Erythromycin
Sulfathiozole
Kanamycin
Metronidazole
Ciprofloxacin
Minocycline

If you can post what’s available to you, we might be able to help determine the best option.

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish medications containing the same active ingredients should work. Or anything like these:

Nitrofurazone
Erythromycin
Sulfathiozole
Kanamycin
Metronidazole
Ciprofloxacin
Minocycline

If you can post what’s available to you, we might be able to help determine the best option.

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/blueplanettrisulfa100tablet

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/seachemcupramine100ml

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/apimelafix118ml

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/apipimafix118ml

I've found four medications for bacterial infection here, should I buy one of them? I plan to take action tomorrow and hope it is not too late

OP
OP
A

Alvin414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, and yes.

Can you find nitrofuracin green? You’ll need a quarantine to administer medications. I’m not very familiar with what is available down under, unfortunately. Are any of these abx available on eBay Australia?

I can find those on eBay, but it takes almost a month for them to arrive, I am afraid my fish can not make it.

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/blueplanettrisulfa100tablet

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/seachemcupramine100ml

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/apimelafix118ml

https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/collections/medication-fish/products/apipimafix118ml

I've found four medications for bacterial infection here, no nitrofurancin green, unfortunately. Should I buy one of them? I plan to take action tomorrow and hope it is not too late

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back