Wild clown sick

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have more tanks with couple of clownfish ocellaris CB, when one day I saw at las a bacht of good healthy ocellaris wild caught and I take one for try and for have more genetics and in this point… problem start.
I quarantine all my fish , so I have in this tank only this clown and a six line wrasse, the day afther put the clown in the tank , there is a white/rose patch on body, him eat and don’t show synth is of stress, it already 2 weeks and this pacer very slowly go more bad, I can identify the diseae( sure no inch I velvet) maybe Uronema o brokynella? ( no slime o other thing) it like discolarion and now go also at fin, very different to fin rot, because before i think also at bacterial infections, can you identify this disease and how i can treat?

IMG_2857.jpeg IMG_2796.jpeg IMG_2801.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone I have more tanks with couple of clownfish ocellaris CB, when one day I saw at las a bacht of good healthy ocellaris wild caught and I take one for try and for have more genetics and in this point… problem start.
I quarantine all my fish , so I have in this tank only this clown and a six line wrasse, the day afther put the clown in the tank , there is a white/rose patch on body, him eat and don’t show synth is of stress, it already 2 weeks and this pacer very slowly go more bad, I can identify the diseae( sure no inch I velvet) maybe Uronema o brokynella? ( no slime o other thing) it like discolarion and now go also at fin, very different to fin rot, because before i think also at bacterial infections, can you identify this disease and how i can treat?

IMG_2857.jpeg IMG_2796.jpeg IMG_2801.jpeg
Pics are blurry and need closer and clearer pics. Wild caught clowns are more susceptible to issues and I dont want to say what it is as the same applies to other medic team members until we can clearly see the fish in whole

OP
OP
E

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t doing better , him swim a lot
and don’t stop for take a good pics

From first pic this spot that stay at another part , go more big , very slowly it already 2 weeks have this fish now
IMG_2971.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t doing better , him swim a lot
and don’t stop for take a good pics

From first pic this spot that stay at another part , go more big , very slowly it already 2 weeks have this fish now
IMG_2971.jpeg

That looks like a syndrome that we've seen here quite a bit, that I call "clownfish bruising disease". We don't know the cause, or any treatment. In some cases, the fish recover, other times it is fatal. Here is a post I made about that:

Jay

OP
OP
E

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update and I ask advice
the little wild clown going really well now , like Jay said it like a clownfish syndrome, in this case the spot discoloration first gone bad and how they start , now with the same slow time they gone, it almost all clean and the fish stay healthy. I want an advice, I will take a designer storm clown this Sunday and I don’t know if is good idea to put him in the same QT of this now or do another tank just for the new clown?

i think this syndrome is stress correlated, I used some dose of H2O2 ( 3 ml x 50 litres) for 10 days and this works for me, I also put medication with food

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update and I ask advice
the little wild clown going really well now , like Jay said it like a clownfish syndrome, in this case the spot discoloration first gone bad and how they start , now with the same slow time they gone, it almost all clean and the fish stay healthy. I want an advice, I will take a designer storm clown this Sunday and I don’t know if is good idea to put him in the same QT of this now or do another tank just for the new clown?

i think this syndrome is stress correlated, I used some dose of H2O2 ( 3 ml x 50 litres) for 10 days and this works for me, I also put medication with food
I generally avoid adding new fish to other fish that are part way through their own quarantine. It can introduce new diseases, and at the very least, will reset the quarantine time to zero.

Jay

OP
OP
E

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I agree.
i just now finish to put new plastic box with sea water. I have little filter that works since 2 years ago in Display tank I just remove and put in this box with all old material ceramic and biological sponge for have a good staff of biological filtration I think to be stagy safe about ammonia with this tricks

da5f22a6-e24e-460b-9de3-19ff0dbd0e6e.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back