Red Sea’s DIY Aquarium Net Cover is a mess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to rant so bear with me. I can’t believe how terribly this product was designed considering the price tag.

Why the hell do I need to buy not even one but two (because one only has half the part needed for a Reefer 350 Deluxe yet makes we waste two parts I have no need for) “zigzag kits” ?! I’m going to end up throwing 4 of those zig zags in the trash because I have no use for it which should have been avoided by selling them together. Not even talking about paying 16€ for those pieces of plastics.

Why the hell isnt Red Sea selling properly designed kits for their aquariums and I have to buy some DIY kit to go with my 2000€ tank?

I can’t believe I ended up paying 100€ for a few pieces of metal I had to saw myself and a piece of fishing net.

Let’s not even mention the hassle I had to go through with my ReefLeds because that’s a story for another day.

Rant over.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned in another thread, while Red Sea does make some solid products, I find most of their stuff over marketed and way over hyped. They do have one heck of a marketing team though!

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly how this made me feel. I think I’ll stay away from their products overall, even though the tank is great I’m really not satisfied with the other products, it feels like half the price I’m paying for is marketing.

Gakaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to give up my red sea's diy aquarium net cover too. I felt like some parts were even missing when i was assembling this.

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not yet at the netting part but I've heard it's a pain in the butt. Still waiting on my second shipment of those forsaken "zigzags" because it wasn't clear you needed two on my retailer's website. It better look "okay" for a 100€ net.

Lots of let downs with that Reefer, first they send me Hydra mounts with the ReefLeds, then they takes a week and a half to send me the replacement and they were so cheap they didn't even send the whole part so I didn't have the right screws and had to buy some myself... I had to hard reset each ReefLed so I could succeed connecting them to my network which meant unscrewing a brand new product and pull the battery out, ridiculous.

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just lost a long nose hawkfish because of the gap where the ReefLeds are. What an amazing net Red Sea, you managed to build something that doesn’t even fit your tanks perfectly. I am truly done with Red Sea products although I know it makes no difference since marketing does everything in this hobby.

iko2thdk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all of you. Product support is nil. Why not make the metal pieces to fit the reefer we are buying the kit for? In my case a 350. Typical that the company just makes things harder not easier...

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back