How would hide this sump area?

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a sump area I would like to hide. I’m good at diy. I have the means to cut wood and build something. However I currently am using fabric and Velcro. I want something that looks nice and maybe even gives the ability to screw things on to the back as I’d like to have a control board eventually. I use lots of zip ties because I can’t mount anything.

Would you still go with fabric or would you build something?

Show me your sump diy hides if you’ve made one yourself for inspiration!

IMG_8202.jpeg IMG_8203.jpeg IMG_8201.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
you can get spring tension rods from amazon that are small and hang the curtains on that. just measure the inside of the stand

this is exactly what i planned for my 40B. i just never got curtains for it, haha

OP
OP
megtrax17

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can get spring tension rods from amazon that are small and hang the curtains on that. just measure the inside of the stand

this is exactly what i planned for my 40B. i just never got curtains for it, haha

Smart! Thank you!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow this is a super great idea! I didn’t consider magnets for attachment!
take into consideration the evaporation/salt creep. the wood will degrade overtime, so make sure to coat it with primer or sealant to avoid it warping on you

there is also the PVC board or the stuff they make boats out of which is more expensive but...classier/cleaner?

OP
OP
megtrax17

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take into consideration the evaporation/salt creep. the wood will degrade overtime, so make sure to coat it with primer or sealant to avoid it warping on you

there is also the PVC board or the stuff they make boats out of which is more expensive but...classier/cleaner?
Cleaner and probably cheaper if you consider not having to buy paint, primer, and sealant! Wonderful idea

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am a fan of open concept i got my sump area wide open i like looking at all my stuff

OP
OP
megtrax17

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I went with pvc and Velcro till my magnents come. Thanks for the idea! I’ll probably make a canopy too.

Attachments

• IMG_8251.jpeg
    IMG_8251.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8252.jpeg
    IMG_8252.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 28

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I went with pvc and Velcro till my magnents come. Thanks for the idea! I’ll probably make a canopy too.
even with the back exposed, do take note of evaporation. you may encounter having to use more RODI/SW via ATO. i would probably make small cuts at the sides to let some air flow through

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
many moons ago, HD used to sell Mills Pride DIY kitchen cabinets. You basically by a base cabinet and pick doors to go on it. If you wanted to dress it up a bit you could order those vinyl laminate doors to match the stand size. just google Mills Pride.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back