Red Sea 425 has air bubbles in seams/sealant. Help please!!

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it worked out in the end, but the head ache that it took just wasn’t worth me, not for the price of there tanks either.
My next tank (hopefully soon) will be a custom built take from miracles
Ok so you had to sell all of you're livestock I understand?
Im not going to be able to do that I am really bonded to some of my fish and corals, we have a fox face called Harry and a purple tang called frits, also some corals I had from my birthday and one coral we purchased when our daughter was born, just to see them grow from frag to colony :p;)

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so you had to sell all of you're livestock I understand?
Im not going to be able to do that I am really bonded to some of my fish and corals, we have a fox face called Harry and a purple tang called frits, also some corals I had from my birthday and one coral we purchased when our daughter was born, just to see them grow from frag to colony :p;)
No I have a temporary tank till then. :) I was way too attached to my fish. I did sell all my colonies tho. This was my tank before it started to fail, the right side pane started pushing out and you could see the silicone stretching (turning white)

A6BD5C92-9793-4D8D-B0FA-2AD0AC43DAA8.jpeg

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you could... (ahem) become the original purchaser? Either by contacting the person you purchased it from, or by omitting that information unless asked to prove purchase?

Just grasping at straws here, and before any haters who disapprove of my approach verbalize their disapproval, what RedSea has done with their seam fiasco should be illegal, they deserve everything thats coming to them and then some.
This 100%!!! Red Sea isn't a fledgling company, to have these issues is baffling.
Agree with not volunteering you aren't the original owner. I'd contact Red Sea as if I purchased the tank myself. If you tell them you purchased it 2nd hand they will 100% not replace it and that will be that. I would not volunteer that information. Lastly good luck, their warranty process is a PITA! They'll look for every reason not to replace the tank. Hopefully it works out for you one way or another.

Last edited:

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This 100%!!! Red Sea isn't a fledgling company, to have these issues is baffling.
Agree with not volunteering you aren't the original owner. I'd contact Red Sea as if I purchased the tank myself. If you tell them you purchased it 2nd hand they will 100% not replace it and that will be that. I would not volunteer that information. Lastly good luck, their warranty process is a PITA! They'll look for every reason not to replace the tank. Hopefully it works out for you one way or another.
He needs the original receipt, Atleast I did

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well see what they answer me, I will post their reply over here!

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an small bit of advice: don’t mention silicon issues or any bad customer experience if you want to stay in the FB group. Bit power crazy there with the ban stick.
I literally asked how to get ahold of the warranty centre as they didn’t respond to my emails, and got banned with a very rude message about posting my issues in the group.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally asked how to get ahold of the warranty centre as they didn’t respond to my emails, and got banned with a very rude message about posting my issues in the group.

Welcome to the club!!! Would be cool if we could get a badge here on R2R LOL. #BannedfromRedSeafacebook

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club!!! Would be cool if we could get a badge here on R2R LOL. #BannedfromRedSeafacebook
I ripped apart my 425, and drilled it for a better over flow. Then emailed them a picture telling them this is how it should’ve been done from the beginning

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an small bit of advice: don’t mention silicon issues or any bad customer experience if you want to stay in the FB group. Bit power crazy there with the ban stick.
I should actually start a topic with all the pictures of people having problems with the red Sea seams, include all links and photos.

I guess they will bann me on this forum also if I did that :confused:

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't think Reef2Reef will ban you for that. They're pretty good about censorship in my experience :) However, they will most likely split that post up into individual posts and place them in the Red Sea vendor section so Red Sea can handle the issues one at a time. However, your same idea of compiling issues could be accomplished per the forum's rules if the individuals had their own posts on the Red Sea Vendor page. Per the rules of that forum:

Negative Feedback Threads:

Outside comments are NOT permitted. The reason for this is to allow the vendor and member work through the negative experience. The staff will remove posts by other parties not pertaining to the transaction. The only exception to this is that users may post links (without commentary) to their own feedback threads with the same seller/buyer. These are the only outside party comments that are allowed.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats causing the issue , cure time ? or defective silicon ?
Could be a number of things. The builder could be using a type of alcohol to clean the glass, that isn’t fully dried (or could be leaving behind residue) before laying down a bead of caulking. Could be the company is using expired silicone. Could be the silicone provider has varying quality in their product. Those are the few that come to mind

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to hear!!! great ideas ,and advice all said about...serious question all and any..is there any possible way to talk to live person on phone .bottom to top.corporate ..?principles!!..have not dealt with them since early 90's ,talked to" people" ,got free skimmer cup replacement??"bad weld", looong time ago;)

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you do don’t mention anything on Red Sea’s Facebook page, your comment will be deleted, whatever problems you have will be deleted. It almost looks as if they’re hiding something?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back