Red Sea G2 Seams

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if they fixed the issues, I’d never give Red Sea a penny or the benefit of the doubt after how they have continued to handle all the G1 issues.

My opinion is they don’t deserve a dime from anybody until they properly handle the G1 seam issues. Simply acknowledging there is an issue would be a good start. Instead, sweep it under the rug, delete every mention, and ridicule the user is their MO.
Oddly enough, some Red Sea owners have taken up the fight on behalf of the company on public boards like this one.

It's always so bizarre to me when a huge, luxury good corporation is given enough rope to hang all the people who have had their houses destroyed by a faulty design. Is it just because they purchased RS products and now feel an obligation to defend them? It's really bizarre. Brand loyalty is a really strange thing in my mind.

I own a lot of IM products but I have no issues calling some of their stuff out for being overpriced and low quality. Consumers shouldn't be beholden to a company.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oddly enough, some Red Sea owners have taken up the fight on behalf of the company on public boards like this one.

It's always so bizarre to me when a huge, luxury good corporation is given enough rope to hang all the people who have had their houses destroyed by a faulty design. Is it just because they purchased RS products and now feel an obligation to defend them? It's really bizarre. Brand loyalty is a really strange thing in my mind.

I own a lot of IM products but I have no issues calling some of their stuff out for being overpriced and low quality. Consumers shouldn't be beholden to a company.

Purchase bias is far stronger than most are willing to admit or accept. We all do it at some point though lol

OP
OP
reeferNbeer

reeferNbeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally hate having a tank this close to a door, especially a door with a lot of traffic. Personally I would go smaller and leave some buffer on the door side.
This is probably what I will wind up doing. I'd love to have the longer tank, but just too concerned that it will be cramped and obstructive.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably what I will wind up doing. I'd love to have the longer tank, but just too concerned that it will be cramped and obstructive.
I know it's a step down gallons wise, but maybe something like the WB 60.2 cube would be a nicer fit. Trade some length for height and width.

I used to hate cubes but they've really grown on me over the last year or so. They provide such a unique aquascape possibility.

OP
OP
reeferNbeer

reeferNbeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's a step down gallons wise, but maybe something like the WB 60.2 cube would be a nicer fit. Trade some length for height and width.

I used to hate cubes but they've really grown on me over the last year or so. They provide such a unique aquascape possibility.
I currently have a RSR 170 that is almost identical specs. The WB 90.3 might be the route though. The lack of extra space in the sump area is holding me back though. I wanted to have room for a larger ATO container.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back