Red Sea AB plus black particles

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this stuff in my AB plus? Is it safe for the tank and normal to see in this bottle?

IMG_1919.jpeg IMG_1918.jpeg

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen that before. I manually dose 50ml a day and go through a lot of it, and it has always been particle-free for me. I wonder if you may have a container that someone opened and did not refrigerate when needed.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen that before. I manually dose 50ml a day and go through a lot of it, and it has always been particle-free for me. I wonder if you may have a container that someone opened and did not refrigerate when needed.
No it was a brand new container that I have had for 2 weeks. I haven’t used it in about a week and when I opened it that was what was inside. I have been refrigerating it since I have had it. So about2 weeks

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toss it. Why risk anything
Yeah I am gong to do that. I might contact Red Sea and let them know about this. I had a friend that had the same thing happen but couldn’t figure out what it was.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it was a brand new container that I have had for 2 weeks. I haven’t used it in about a week and when I opened it that was what was inside. I have been refrigerating it since I have had it. So about2 weeks
I would send an email with a picture to Red Sea support and see what they say.

seadonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m late to the conversation (just joined) but I had something like this happen in august and I emailed their customer support (which was amazingly fast and easy to deal with) just shot them over a couple pics of the debris, bottle, receipt and they replaced it. They even shipped me a 1l bottle for the inconvenience when I only had a 500ml. Again I can’t speak highly enough about their customer support and how fast it was… had a reply the same day (on a Monday)and new bottle was delivered by Friday. I’ve been waiting a little over 4 weeks for a response from Ai. I’ve tried calling multiple times on my lunch breaks and even on the hour -to hour and a half ride home. I hope this added some help for future searchers!

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m late to the conversation (just joined) but I had something like this happen in august and I emailed their customer support (which was amazingly fast and easy to deal with) just shot them over a couple pics of the debris, bottle, receipt and they replaced it. They even shipped me a 1l bottle for the inconvenience when I only had a 500ml. Again I can’t speak highly enough about their customer support and how fast it was… had a reply the same day (on a Monday)and new bottle was delivered by Friday. I’ve been waiting a little over 4 weeks for a response from Ai. I’ve tried calling multiple times on my lunch breaks and even on the hour -to hour and a half ride home. I hope this added some help for future searchers!
Thanks for responding! Do you know what the black particles are?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back