Red Sea AB+ & Red Sea ABCD?

Dr. Peter Venkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone, I know this is a question that comes up from time-to-time, but I'll ask it again. What is everyone's take on Red Sea AB+ and Red Sea ABCD? Do you use it? Is it worth it? Do you use one or the other? Do you use both, and if so, do you dose them both at the same time, or space the two out?

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use AB+ occasionally. It works as well as many other good amino acid supplements. I have never messed with ABCD. My take has always been that as long as my ICP tests match sea water why would I need to add trace elements. Since my tests match seawater now I see no reason to start a complicated trace element dosing regimen.

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using A & B for a few years and switched to the AB+ when they mixed them somewhat recently. I'm not super in to trace element dosing so I've avoided the ABCD. I squirt a little kent trace in once in a while and just rely on water changes. As has been mentioned, if my ICP test doesn't show a problem, I don't have a problem.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea AB+ (half dose) and foundation A (alk) daily. I haven't seen a need for B or C yet though, as my corals are still relatively small. I also use the Coral Pro salt

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back