Red Sea Colours ABCD

Phil Glen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’ve recently switched salts from Red Sea Coral Pro to Tropic Marin Pro Reef.

It’s stated that Tropic Marin contains every trace element. Does this include the trace elements found in Red Sea Colours ABCD.

if Trooic Marin does include these, I presume I no longer have to dose Red Sea Cours ABCD?

many thanks

Phil

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea colors is based on dosing to make up for daily usage. Water changes typically aren’t a great way to replenish elements except in tanks that have very little usage. Regardless of which salt you’re using, you’d need to dose if your elements get used up between water changes. I recommend testing alk daily until you get to where you know how much you need to dose. Calcium and magnesium included. I haven’t used Red Sea colors before but I believe you test for calcium and dose based accordingly to your calcium usage.

But my question would be: how big is your tank? How often do you do water changes? Are you dosing? What type of corals do you currently have?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, does TM pro contain every trace element? I’m not sure. Does it contain cobalt, chromium and vanadium? These elements seem to be left out of a lot salts because there’s no proof or consensus on their importance. If they’re left out, I see no problem.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back