red sea diy net cover

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I bought the red sea kit to make covers for my 120 gal tank. I got the frames put together with no problems. When I try and insert the spline into the groove to attach the screen it rips here and there. Is there some sort of trick? Any help would be appreciated

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I bought the red sea kit to make covers for my 120 gal tank. I got the frames put together with no problems. When I try and insert the spline into the groove to attach the screen it rips here and there. Is there some sort of trick? Any help would be appreciated

If its ripping its because its too tight.. when you insert spline keep it nice and flat as you insert the spline it stretches the net a little making it tighter so just bare this in mind.. hope that helps

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not you, the netting that comes with that kit is not good. I have the same kit and ended up ordering BRS's netting (which now comes in black if that's what you want, it didn't when I ordered, bummer) and it didn't rip when I was rolling it in. But the stuff that came with the kit ripped all over the place

Jamestown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These can be very frustrating. I had help with mine from someone who's worked with netting before luckily. It's difficult to get it evenly taught

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back