Red Sea DIY net cover

  • Thread starter Thread starter ilyakarp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ilyakarp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of buying Red sea net cover. Anyone who has it, did you put a hinged door in it for feeding and such. If yes how?
 
Thinking of buying Red sea net cover. Anyone who has it, did you put a hinged door in it for feeding and such. If yes how?
I used the cut out kit to leave an opening in the front for feeding. Don't have a good picture of the top but you can sort of see the cut out
IMG_20190911_180113.jpg
 
IMHO, leaving an opening sort of nullifies the usefulness of the screen, Sure, it's a smaller opening that not having it at all, but fish like to aim for something....

I made the screen tops for mine so that a small section in back is essentially stationary so I can run wires through it, with the front sections completely removable, but still completely covers the tank.

60Htf6tm.jpg


r1twzKEm.jpg
 
I'm currently building a screen top for my tank. I ordered the clear netting and I'm using a window frame kit from Home Depot. A ton cheaper than the kits they sell. I'll 3D print the clips to let it sit inside the rimless tank.

Not planning on a feeding door. Just lift it off, dump in food and return it back into place.
 
Not planning on a feeding door. Just lift it off, dump in food and return it back into place.
I have the RS top, wish I did the door ;Meh
 
I had two casualties before I put the lid on and haven't had any since. Its also the perfect size for an automatic feeder for traveling. Side benefit of the opening is it makes it easier to remove the lid when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new