Red Sea DIY net cover

ilyakarp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of buying Red sea net cover. Anyone who has it, did you put a hinged door in it for feeding and such. If yes how?

A Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of buying Red sea net cover. Anyone who has it, did you put a hinged door in it for feeding and such. If yes how?
I used the cut out kit to leave an opening in the front for feeding. Don't have a good picture of the top but you can sort of see the cut out
IMG_20190911_180113.jpg

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, leaving an opening sort of nullifies the usefulness of the screen, Sure, it's a smaller opening that not having it at all, but fish like to aim for something....

I made the screen tops for mine so that a small section in back is essentially stationary so I can run wires through it, with the front sections completely removable, but still completely covers the tank.

60Htf6tm.jpg

r1twzKEm.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently building a screen top for my tank. I ordered the clear netting and I'm using a window frame kit from Home Depot. A ton cheaper than the kits they sell. I'll 3D print the clips to let it sit inside the rimless tank.

Not planning on a feeding door. Just lift it off, dump in food and return it back into place.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not planning on a feeding door. Just lift it off, dump in food and return it back into place.
I have the RS top, wish I did the door ;Meh

A Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two casualties before I put the lid on and haven't had any since. Its also the perfect size for an automatic feeder for traveling. Side benefit of the opening is it makes it easier to remove the lid when needed.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back