Red Sea Doser

Devi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched the forums but couldn't find this issue. This is a relatively new product so that might be the reason. I got my red sea doser set up the other day. Super easy. Got it primed and calibrated.

I check the app this morning and it appears all heads did as they were programed to do and the tally on how much product was left in the bottles ticked down to show product used.

Well I was going through my notifications and it claims that two of the heads did not dose. However, looking at the app page it appeared they did.

So what is going on? I'm dosing too small an amount to see on the side of the dosing container if the fluid has lowered. How do i trust this thing?

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my RedSea doser for about a year. I tend to remember that happening once. If the heads did not dose once, the doser remembers. It will attempt to make up the missed dose.

My guess is that on one attempt, the two heads did not dose, but were able to make up the missed dose later. That is why it shows the scheduled amount has been dosed.

Just keep an eye on it, and if this keeps happening, you may need to reset the doser, but probably not.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my RedSea doser for about a year. I tend to remember that happening once. If the heads did not dose once, the doser remembers. It will attempt to make up the missed dose.

My guess is that on one attempt, the two heads did not dose, but were able to make up the missed dose later. That is why it shows the scheduled amount has been dosed.

Just keep an eye on it, and if this keeps happening, you may need to reset the doser, but probably not.

So I noticed to day it is not dosing at all. No alerts. It just shows one dose. So out of three days it's only managed to dose once. I'm going to be very annoyed if I have to reset the unit. At this price point it should work right out of the box. Maybe I need to contact red sea.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine for like 6 months with no issues but when I changed wifi routers could not get it to connect to the app. Simple delete and add the device again fixed the problem. Be sure to set your time zone and one thing to know if the app fails or you lose connectivity the doser still functions perfectly

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back