Red Sea dosing question

kshaw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
31
Reaction score
69
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a reef dose 2 to my system to help a little with the alkalinity and the nitrates. I was just curious on if I need to somehow vent the bottles. It seems like they would slowly go into vacuum as the pumps start pulling fluid out. Anyone using this system that can let me know what I need to do if anything.
817A362A-9D6E-40E3-BA48-1CDC717C8C51.jpeg
 
The instructions that come in the bottles tell you to not close the kids all the way if you're using a dosing pump.
 
The instructions that come in the bottles tell you to not close the kids all the way if you're using a dosing pump.
Must have missed that. Had a kiddo at the elbow asking me questions while I was setting it up. Thanks for the reply.
 
No worries. I often have to do aquarium stuff after child bedtime just so I'm not interrupted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new