Red Sea Filter Socks in Reefer Series

FinsFan13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that use or have used red sea filter socks in the Reefer aquariums, does your filter sock holder (gray holder) form a complete tight seal? I have noticed a small drip underneath the filter sock holder in my Reefer 170, and it appears that 100% of the water is not going into the filter sock itself. Its a very minor drip, but I am curious if my filter sock holder is not forming a proper seal, and if I should order a replacement. Thanks for the input.

Zayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 650P. I haven't noticed an leaks with the socks. The cups don't fit very tight though.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that use or have used red sea filter socks in the Reefer aquariums, does your filter sock holder (gray holder) form a complete tight seal? I have noticed a small drip underneath the filter sock holder in my Reefer 170, and it appears that 100% of the water is not going into the filter sock itself. Its a very minor drip, but I am curious if my filter sock holder is not forming a proper seal, and if I should order a replacement. Thanks for the input.
Hell I think 25% of mine goes under or around the sock. Where I am talking about is how the sock does not sit flush in the holder.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine snap in place kinda hard. It's not 100% sealed by any means. I wouldnt be worried about the sock filtering out 100% of water passing through the sump personally.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back