Red Sea G2 Nano XL return pump recommendation

That_Guy_Named_Fish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Midlands
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there folks this is my first post so hi all!

I recently attended AQUAH in the UK and purchased a Red Sea Max Nano XL so far I’m chuffed with it but I was hoping for some help.

I’ve noticed the return pump is rather loud and rattles a fair bit the skimmer is also abit noisy but don’t have that on atm due to cycling.

I have a TMC ReefCompact 1500 as a spare pump that I have been using/plan to use for moving water about eg water changes mixing etc.

Do you think this would be a good replacement or could you folks recommend something better ideally want something much quieter and more configurable.

Cheers

Fish

IMG_6630.jpeg
 
Did you get the AIO one or just the tank?
 
Did you get the AIO one or just the tank?
I got the AIO so pumps, skimmer, light with cabinet. I also bought the NanoMat and the ReefATO+. I don’t have the skimmer on while it’s cycling but the return pump was very loud. I’ve since replaced it with the TMC ReefCompact and you can barely hear it aside from in my office. Before you could hear the RedSea pump all around the house, I tried cleaning it and everything :/
 
I got the AIO so pumps, skimmer, light with cabinet. I also bought the NanoMat and the ReefATO+. I don’t have the skimmer on while it’s cycling but the return pump was very loud. I’ve since replaced it with the TMC ReefCompact and you can barely hear it aside from in my office. Before you could hear the RedSea pump all around the house, I tried cleaning it and everything :/
I've just set up my tank, and i've noticed the same thing, i thought it was something wrong with the seating of the pump too, its so loud! I have the tank in my office and its next to me the whole day, what % would you say the TMC pump reduces the noise by? also is it a suitable substitute circulation wise? Would love to hear more detail on this from your experience
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new