Red Sea G2 or Water Box?

usajv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My wife and I are 75 days into this amazing hobby with our BioCube 32. We have the fever of getting a bigger tank. Should we go with the Red Sea G2 tank (350) or a Water Box system?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
With the amount of money you are about to invest....I would head to your nearest LFS and check out both before you buy.... sorta kick the tires if you will.

You will hear both sides of owners that is usually brand loyal ;)

I own a Red Sea G2 but the Waterbox is also a very nice tank. It just comes down to preferences.

Red Sea G2's are Reefmat ready if you hate cleaning filter socks. Filter rollers is all the rage right now.

OP
OP
usajv

usajv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the amount of money you are about to invest....I would head to your nearest LFS and check out both before you buy.... sorta kick the tires if you will.

You will hear both sides of owners that is usually brand loyal ;)

I own a Red Sea G2 but the Waterbox is also a very nice tank. It just comes down to preferences.

Red Sea G2's are Reefmat ready if you hate cleaning filter socks. Filter rollers is all the rage right now.
I love the Reefmat system. I have heard mixed reviews about the construction of the Red Sea cabinet. Have you had any issues?

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the original Red Sea and a Waterbox. The original Red Sea is a solid aquarium that will serve you all. I imagine the G2 will be much better and if I’m not mistaken they are now incorporating aluminum frames which should take care of any stand construction problem. My Waterbox I simply love. It’s just a step above.

The answer is you can’t go wrong with either. A fair comparison will be the RedSea G2 and the Waterbox Infinia. Those are their newest products. Make a side by side comparison including cost. That may help you decide. If not then just go with your gut. They are both great tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back