Red Sea KH Coralline Grow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question about the KH Coralline Grow supplement. Does this product need to be shaken before use? I didn't see anywhere on the bottle that it should, but if you open up a new bottle and look at the bottom, there is a darker brown substance that settles. The liquid comes out clear unless you shake it. It comes out a amber/brown color once shaken.

Anyone who has used this and can provide some insight, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have been shaking before dosing, but just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question about the KH Coralline Grow supplement. Does this product need to be shaken before use? I didn't see anywhere on the bottle that it should, but if you open up a new bottle and look at the bottom, there is a darker brown substance that settles. The liquid comes out clear unless you shake it. It comes out a amber/brown color once shaken.

Anyone who has used this and can provide some insight, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have been shaking before dosing, but just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Haven't used that particular product, but from the RS website it sounds like it's an alkalinity buffer in which case it would be normal for chemicals to precipitate and require shaking before use.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't used that particular product, but from the RS website it sounds like it's an alkalinity buffer in which case it would be normal for chemicals to precipitate and require shaking before use.
Thanks for the tips!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the KH Coralline Grow and new Red Sea product?

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s fairly new, more geared towards tanks that don’t have a lot or any coral but still want to keep consistent 2 part levels. I came across it while looking at their reef recipe guides. Been using it for about 2 months with very good results.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s fairly new, more geared towards tanks that don’t have a lot or any coral but still want to keep consistent 2 part levels. I came across it while looking at their reef recipe guides. Been using it for about 2 months with very good results.
Looks like, when I used to use "Purple Up" back in the day.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably very similar! All I can say is it's doing a good job keeping my levels consistent.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very easy. Just do a alkalinity test to get a base reading. There's a formula on the bottle that tells you how much to dose based on your reading per 100L. They base it off of 8.4kh as being the ideal parameter.

Sal Amadeo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if 100 L equals 25 gal and 800 L equals 200 gals how much Coralline Gro should i use?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if 100 L equals 25 gal and 800 L equals 200 gals how much Coralline Gro should i use?

That would depend on what your alkalinity is at now and how much you want to increase it. If you are dosing a 2 part you need to adjust dosing to avoid increasing alk too much.

Per the RS website 1ml will raise alk of 25g by 0.1 dKH. If you wanted to increase alk in a 800L tank by 0.1 dKH you would dose 8ml or less to account for water displacement.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back