Red Sea Max 250 lights malfunctioning

Armando_Villasenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lighting model for my Red Sea Max 250 went bad. 2 of the T5 slots don’t work and I believe there is a short because it keeps tripping the breaker.
My options at this point are either to replace the OEM hood for $375. Or to upgrade to a 260w LED retrofit for $399.
Has anyone come across this issue?

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the short. But we did have to replace the ballist once. Then recently we bought LED lights that fit into the original fixture. My hubby changed out the ballist, which he purchased at Menards.

Shelley

OP
OP
Armando_Villasenor

Armando_Villasenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the short. But we did have to replace the ballist once. Then recently we bought LED lights that fit into the original fixture. My hubby changed out the ballist, which he purchased at Menards.

Shelley

How are the LED lights in comparison?

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the coral load that you have. I have some zoas and large mushrooms. No change in them. But my tank is easier to keep cooler now. And that is a big help. I do have a chiller if needed. I could ask my husband where he bought the lights if you would like. He is in charge of that. I am in charge of the live things. ;)

OP
OP
Armando_Villasenor

Armando_Villasenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the coral load that you have. I have some zoas and large mushrooms. No change in them. But my tank is easier to keep cooler now. And that is a big help. I do have a chiller if needed. I could ask my husband where he bought the lights if you would like. He is in charge of that. I am in charge of the live things. ;)

Thanks for the info

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you replace the fuse in the back near the timer. I had that same breaker problem. That fixed it.
But I had fans go bad and also it seems like a couple bulbs are out and may be due to bad ballasts.
Armando, did you find a solution for your lighting?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back