Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula

MetaDev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to the Saltwater Aquarium world and recently purchased a Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula. I have quite a bit of questions as Saltwater can be a bit confusing and haven't found solid answers yet. I filled the tank up with RODI Water but I think I might have filled it up too much, its about an inch or an inch and a half from the top and the back compartments, are quite full as well to the top, Did I add too much?

I also filled it up 25 gallons worth and put the Salt into it afterwards and mixed with the return pump it has built into the system, it seems to be okay but if I have to get out some of the water from the back compartments to lower the levels in the back, is it going to mess with my salinity levels? Im just not sure how much water is supposed to be in the back of the compartments in the Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula AIO, right now its completely filled to the top.

Also if you have any tips I would love to hear it, I have watched videos for a while now but now that I have it, it just seems like keeping the Salinity level is going to be a confusing thing for me when it comes to water changes and ATO with RODI, or am I just over complicating things?

Attachments

• Video.mov
    1.6 MB

PP123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Yes it looks like you have too much water and have over filled the rear sump.

It's easy to adjust level, remove some water until you can see the chamber baffel in rear sump as in picture. You need to remove some water while return and skimmer pumps are running as the sump area will normally overfill when both these pumps are off.

It won't effect your salinity. Also i don't use the stock ATO unit that comes with the Max which makes it easier to see that area of the rear chamber.

Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• 20230423_095309~2.jpg
    20230423_095309~2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 362
OP
OP
MetaDev

MetaDev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Yes it looks like you have too much water and have over filled the rear sump.

It's easy to adjust level, remove some water until you can see the chamber baffel in rear sump as in picture. You need to remove some water while return and skimmer pumps are running as the sump area will normally overfill when both these pumps are off.

It won't effect your salinity. Also i don't use the stock ATO unit that comes with the Max which makes it easier to see that area of the rear chamber.

Hope this helps!!
That does help a lot, Thanks for the info! I also am having a hard time getting the Salinity right, Im using the Red Sea Refractometer and it seems no matter how much RODI Water I put in it to reduce the Salinity, it stays exactly the same, around 37 PPT. It says to calibrate it with RODI Water at Room Temperature and test salinity afterwards. I guess my question is, when can I test for Salinity right after I put more RODI Water in the tank?

PP123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can check salinity right after you add RODI water and you should be able to see a difference.

Made sure your refractometer is calibrated correctly by using a calibration solution. I use Two little fishes products but there are others available for saltwater calibration.

Maybe make up some new saltwater to test the refractometer is working, even if the calibration is off you should still be able to see a difference when adding RODI

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230427_094920_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427_094920_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 338

Brian Berry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am new to the Saltwater Aquarium world and recently purchased a Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula. I have quite a bit of questions as Saltwater can be a bit confusing and haven't found solid answers yet. I filled the tank up with RODI Water but I think I might have filled it up too much, its about an inch or an inch and a half from the top and the back compartments, are quite full as well to the top, Did I add too much?

I also filled it up 25 gallons worth and put the Salt into it afterwards and mixed with the return pump it has built into the system, it seems to be okay but if I have to get out some of the water from the back compartments to lower the levels in the back, is it going to mess with my salinity levels? Im just not sure how much water is supposed to be in the back of the compartments in the Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula AIO, right now its completely filled to the top.

Also if you have any tips I would love to hear it, I have watched videos for a while now but now that I have it, it just seems like keeping the Salinity level is going to be a confusing thing for me when it comes to water changes and ATO with RODI, or am I just over complicating things?
Hi,
I have the same tank and it’s been running successful for 10 months. It’s a very good system and salinity I had the same issue’s with inconsistency. I got rid of the ATO reservoir that came with it. I went with the Innovated Marine 5 gal reservoir with a Tunze 3155 controller. I am using the Red Sea pro coral salt and water parameters consistent every week. I have a mixed reef of corals of about 15% soft, 60% sps , 1 ultra maxima clam and 25% lps with the blue light at 100%. I recommend the Nero 3 wave maker for this tank. It mounts perfectly on the rear sump with plenty of gph for the tank. Fish I have 2 clowns, 2 Atlantic Sea Bass and 1 Blue Neon Goby, 1 baby tang which will be rehoused when it outgrows the tank. Astra snails, Mexican Turbo snail, 2 Conch’s and Red and Blue crabs. Coraline Purple Algae very good growth now. Dose Red Sea A,B, C, D trace elements really only now since switching salts. Feeding Ref Rouds and Ref Sea supplement. Only issue is green Algae on the sand if anyone can recommend anything and the rocks. Coraline algae covering the rocks more now. I do not agitate the sand enough I am thinking. I thought the clean up crew that I have would but I think I should do manually also. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• B135AA75-4125-4764-A6AE-81E082333549.jpeg
    B135AA75-4125-4764-A6AE-81E082333549.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 5A99FB8D-FC02-4632-B247-C2B85E756A60.jpeg
    5A99FB8D-FC02-4632-B247-C2B85E756A60.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 199
  • CA2DCAC2-2280-4744-ACEB-C20232626B39.jpeg
    CA2DCAC2-2280-4744-ACEB-C20232626B39.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 192
  • 4F1A67D4-EFBE-4E27-9AC6-78CF28BBE5A4.jpeg
    4F1A67D4-EFBE-4E27-9AC6-78CF28BBE5A4.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 153
  • B8FD2396-92F2-4F62-A7E6-18E7A3897B24.jpeg
    B8FD2396-92F2-4F62-A7E6-18E7A3897B24.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 211

Brian Berry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep my water level at about 1” on the tank and about 2” in the rear reservoir. It seems to work this way for me.
I hope you have such with your tank !!!
It took me a few months of screwing everything up but I try to learn from everything I messed up. I watch a lot of videos and still have made every mistake possible I believe
I can try to help on questions if you have. I am a beginner and have had wins and losses for sure.
Take Care !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back