Red Sea max Nano return pump upgrade?

Remy_the_Knife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have a Max Nano 20g and was wondering if anyone has any experience upgrading the return pump to a DC pump that can be controlled? I emailed Red Sea asking about the return area dimensions but oddly they told me they didn’t have that info available and I should just measure it. BRS recommended a COR-15 but I’m not sure if that will fit. Any help would be appreciated!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the tank up and running measuring would probably be the best way. Once you know your area then you can shop pumps. Just checked the price of the cor 15. Once you now the size of your chamber I would look at the jebao DC pumps. I recently installed a dcp 3500 in my reefer 170 and am very happy with it.

OP
OP
Remy_the_Knife

Remy_the_Knife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yea it’s up an running a while now. I just found it odd that Red Sea couldn’t tell me dimensions. I was looking at the cor-15 since I’m running a Neptune on my set up already. I have to remarry some gear this weekend and do a water change. I’ll try to get some measurements

OP
OP
Remy_the_Knife

Remy_the_Knife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering if anyone knows if the Neptune Stream cable still works with the Tunze Silence return pumps? I've read in other forums for a while ago but they're older articles.

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have a Max Nano 20g and was wondering if anyone has any experience upgrading the return pump to a DC pump that can be controlled? I emailed Red Sea asking about the return area dimensions but oddly they told me they didn’t have that info available and I should just measure it. BRS recommended a COR-15 but I’m not sure if that will fit. Any help would be appreciated!
I used an Innovative Marine Mighty Jet DC pump. The 326 GPH one.

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few months late to the game here, but if you are still looking, the Jebao 1200 DC pump will fit in the return chamber. Solid flowing pump for me.

King George

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few months late to the game here, but if you are still looking, the Jebao 1200 DC pump will fit in the return chamber. Solid flowing pump for me.
I have a Red Sea Peninsula (26g), and have the same issue with the stock return pump. I have a pair of clowns and want to turn down the flow a bit, but the stock pump is a PITA.

Looking at the Jebao 1200 DC pump, where did you end up purchasing from? Having a hard time find a good site (located in the US btw).

LMK, thanks!

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Peninsula (26g), and have the same issue with the stock return pump. I have a pair of clowns and want to turn down the flow a bit, but the stock pump is a PITA.

Looking at the Jebao 1200 DC pump, where did you end up purchasing from? Having a hard time find a good site (located in the US btw).

LMK, thanks!
I got mine off AliExpress directly from Jebao. I'm actually about to do the install today.

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LMK, thanks!
I purchased from Amazon.com

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back