Red Sea Max250 restoration build

ryan2577p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello! I may not get a response but I came across a Max 250 that needs a lot of love! So I’m looking for the Hood Fans, water cooling fans, Hood Supports, Skimmer, and possibly return pumps. Any suggestions on where to find any of these parts?

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think marineandreef had most of that stuff when I did mine. Might even still be available directly from Redsea.
I was unable to find replacement water cooling fans, so I just ended up buying some more hood fans and modifying the housing

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've updated. Unfortunately, there have been several losses over the last 6 months or so, and I have yet to get the exact cause nailed down.
Been fighting these infernal white bugs on and off since December, which is definitely not helping with stress to the acros.

Just started another 23mg interceptor regimen last week. I can't spot any anymore and PE is starting to return to some. Second dose just went in today.

Here's the other issue I'm dealing with. The skin on many of my SPS corals is bubbling up. It doesn't always kill the whole coral, but it has decimated some really nice pieces.
Praying this one stays alive.
20230906_181912.jpg

SCOP is gone except for about 2 polyps. Lost most of my PC rainbow. WD is about 80% gone. BC bonfire got pretty well torched. Half of my aussie gold is gone.
Lost this whole thing overnight and it's a danged shame. Never seen another one like it.
20230418_202319.jpg

If anyone knows of a trade name, I would love to get my hands on another one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back