Red Sea or Waterbox?

Saltwaterbae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep fighting myself and can’t commit on the tank I want. I’m stuck between either getting a tank from either Waterbox or Red Sea. From your experiences which one did you like better or feel free to suggest me some others

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a waterbox. Running the 220.6 now and couldn't be happier. Red sea has a few with some issues...keep reading, you'll find a few horror stories

Same. Waterbox customer service is 2nd to none! And the tank isdrop dead gorgeous. We have the 220.6.

magikfly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea's tanks are top notch quality and they have pretty good customer service here in the EU. IMO Waterbox holds a small edge over RS because of their built-in manifold (RS doesnt have one), but thats about it.

gettergejetter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with waterbox but I do have a Red Sea 525Xl (v3) and I love my tank!!! Its also my first tank so I cant really tell you whats better about it compared to others but it gives me all I need.

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in your same position. Went waterbox due to the imperial sizing on the plumbing, the plumbed manifold and the fact that their stand doesn't sag (well "yet") and that the finish of it is completely coated where i hear the RS isn't. Also, all plywood stands and that's not the case for the smaller RS tanks, they are MDF. We all know the only thing that soaks up water better than a bounty towel is MDF board.

Easy decision for me......and now that i have the tank, I couldn't be happier. ALTHOUGH, I bought the peninsula and didn't know they electrical side only opened up on one side of the tank........had to improvise there. Wish that was better called out.

splitting_lanes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the format of the Red Sea, it’s a little taller, but some prefer the shallower format and it’s easier to reach the bottom of the tank.

Kjgaeta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both. Red Sea 750XXL and a Waterbox Peninsula 6026. I honestly like my Waterbox more and I’m barley setting it up.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 red sea tanks. Not sure I would buy another unless they go to non metric standard plumbing and stop with the Chinese particle board stands. They have their issues with tanks not being built square too. That said I've seen a few water box and am not impressed with them either. Stands seem a touch better but the silicone seems more poorly applied and I don't like the cut glass weir grates.

darthreefer22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat as you a couple months back. I finally decided with the waterbox marine 45.2. I do not regret it at all. The tank is beautiful and the glass is crystal clear. The tank is stylish. You are going to love it, when you set it up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back