Red Sea Peninsula 500

cbb61032002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each there own but I would advise against the naso tang. I had one in my old 210 gallon tank and he is pretty much too big for it. Left the tank in Texas. I have a Peninsula 500 up in Seattle now and don’t feel I can put a naso tang in it.

on a different note, how is it going with the flow in your tank? I just have the return pump running atm but poop settle on the sand :-/ guess I could increase the flow on the return pump but I’m not sure my fish and coral would like it...

OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each there own but I would advise against the naso tang. I had one in my old 210 gallon tank and he is pretty much too big for it. Left the tank in Texas. I have a Peninsula 500 up in Seattle now and don’t feel I can put a naso tang in it.

on a different note, how is it going with the flow in your tank? I just have the return pump running atm but poop settle on the sand :-/ guess I could increase the flow on the return pump but I’m not sure my fish and coral would like it...
Hello,
My Naso is definetly getting big. Might re-home him if he gets too big but now he's doing ok.
I have a ReefWave 45 turned vertically by the return end. The far end of tank doesn't get alot of flow but i don't have much build up on the sand.

OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Year Update on my Tank. It's definitely been a struggle for me with lots of ups and downs but it is so worth it. Tank seems to be much happier now and stable.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What has been your main challenge? My tank is about 8 months young and immaturity has played a large part in its slow progress, but I haven't had any significant issues as such.

OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What has been your main challenge? My tank is about 8 months young and immaturity has played a large part in its slow progress, but I haven't had any significant issues as such.
I think my biggest challenge has been learning the hard way that patience is key in this hobby. I lost quite a bit of my corals due to what may have been cyano or diatoms ( still didn’t figure out Fully what it was). As others have said maturity in the tank plays a big part with its success.

Back